MANUAL TRANSMISSION AND DIFFERENTIAL(6MT) > Transmission Gear Oil
1. Pull out the oil level gauge.
2. Lift up the vehicle.
3. Remove the transmission under cover.
4. Using the TORX® bit T70, remove the drain plug, and drain the transmission gear oil completely.
• Immediately after the vehicle has been running or after idling for a long time, the transmission gear oil will be hot. Be careful not to receive burns.
• Be careful not to spill the transmission gear oil on the exhaust pipe, to prevent emission of smoke or causing a fire. If gear oil is spilt, wipe it off completely.
5. Tighten the drain plug using TORX® bit T70.
• Tighten the drain plug after draining the transmission gear oil.
• Use a new gasket.
44 N·m (4.5 kgf-m, 32.5 ft-lb) (aluminum gasket, silver)
70 N·m (7.1 kgf-m, 51.6 ft-lb) (copper gasket, brown)
70 N·m (7.1 kgf-m, 51.6 ft-lb) (metal gasket, black)
6. Install the transmission under cover.
18 N·m (1.8 kgf-m, 13.3 ft-lb)
7. Lower the vehicle.
8. Pour gear oil through the oil level gauge hole.
Recommended gear oil:
SUBARU GEAR OIL EXTRA MT
If an alternative transmission gear oil is used, you may not have expected functionality and performance.
Gear oil capacity:
3.3 L (3.5 US qt, 2.9 Imp qt)
9. Check the transmission gear oil amount, and confirm that it is within the specification.
2017-02-20 18:51:07 2017-05-11 10:15:25