MANUAL TRANSMISSION AND DIFFERENTIAL(6MT) > Reverse Idler Gear
1. Check the clearance between the reverse idler gear bushing and reverse idler gear washer. If out of specification, select the appropriate reverse idler gear bushing and adjust.
0.1 — 0.3 mm (0.004 — 0.012 in)
2. Check the reverse idler gear and shaft for damage. Replace if it is damaged.
3. Apply gear oil to the cone of the gear and while press-fitting the baulk ring, check there is no rotation in the circumferential direction.
4. Coupling sleeve and synchronizer hub
• Check the slipping condition of the coupling sleeve.
• Check the splines on the coupling sleeve and reverse idler gear for wear.
5. Shifting insert
Replace the shifting insert if there is deformation, excessive wear on the ball section or any defectiveness.
2017-02-20 18:51:06 2017-05-11 10:15:25