MANUAL TRANSMISSION AND DIFFERENTIAL(6MT) > Front Differential Assembly
1. DIFFERENTIAL CASE ASSEMBLY
1. Install the differential bevel gear and differential bevel pinion together with washer, and insert the pinion shaft.
Face the chamfered side of washer toward bevel gear.
Differential bevel pinion
Differential bevel gear
2. Measure the backlash between the differential bevel gear and differential bevel pinion. Adjust the backlash if not within specified limit.MANUAL TRANSMISSION AND DIFFERENTIAL(6MT) > Front Differential Assembly > INSPECTION
Be sure the pinion gear teeth contacts adjacent gear teeth during measurement.
0.13 — 0.18 mm (0.0051 — 0.0071 in)
|ST1 498247001||MAGNET BASE|
|ST2 498247100||DIAL GAUGE|
3. Align the pinion shaft pin hole with the differential case pin hole, and drive the straight pin into the holes from the hypoid driven gear side using the ST.
Use a new straight pin.
|ST 899904100||STRAIGHT PIN REMOVER|
4. Install the roller bearing to differential case.
Do not apply a load in excess of 10 kN (1 ton, 1.1 US ton, 1.0 Imp ton).
Be careful because the roller bearing outer races are used as a set.
|ST1 499277100||BUSHING 1-2 INSTALLER|
5. Install the hypoid driven gear to the differential case using twelve bolts.
T: 62 N·m (6.3 kgf-m, 45.7 ft-lb)
Hypoid driven gear
2. SIDE RETAINER
1. Using the ST, install the oil seal by lightly tapping with a plastic hammer.
• Use a new oil seal.
• Apply transmission gear oil to the oil seal lips, and install the oil seal while being careful not to deform the lip.
• Check the identification marks (L, R), and attach the oil seals RH and LH.
|ST 18675AA000||DIFFERENTIAL SIDE OIL SEAL INSTALLER|
2. Install the O-ring.
• Use new O-rings.
• Apply gear oil to O-ring.
• Do not stretch or damage the O-ring.
• Install the O-ring after hypoid gear backlash adjustment and completion of tooth contact inspection.
2017-02-20 18:51:06 2017-05-11 10:15:25