CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION(TR690) > Transfer Clutch
• Inspect the drive plate facing for wear and damage.
• Driven plate for discoloration (burned color)
• Make sure the snap ring is not worn and the return spring has no permanent distortion, damage, or deformation.
• Check the lip seal for damage.
• Inspect the extension end play, and adjust it to within the standard value. CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION(TR690) > Transfer Clutch > ADJUSTMENT
1. Before measuring clearance “A” between snap ring and retaining plate, place same thickness shims on both sides to prevent the retaining plate from tilting.
2. When clearance “A” exceeds the limit for use, replace the drive plate and driven plate as a set, and select the pressure plate within the initial specified value.
0.7 — 1.1 mm (0.028 — 0.043 in)
1.6 mm (0.063 in)
3. Check for tight corner braking phenomenon when the vehicle is moved forward with the steering fully turned. If tight corner braking occurs, perform the following procedures.
Turn OFF the X MODE switch and perform inspection.
(1) With the steering wheel held at fully turned position, drive the vehicle in “D” range and with vehicle speed at approx. 5 km/h (3 MPH) in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions for approx. ten times each, while repeating acceleration and braking intermittently.
(2) If the tight corner braking phenomenon still persists, drive the vehicle again in a circle for several laps.
2017-02-20 18:51:00 2017-05-11 10:15:34