CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION(TR580) > Reverse Brake Assembly
1. Install the reverse brake piston.
Apply CVTF to the sealing area of reverse brake piston.
2. Install the return spring.
3. Install the spring retainer.
4. Compress the return spring using the ST to install the snap ring.
|ST1 18762AA000 or 18762AA001||COMPRESSOR SPECIAL TOOL|
5. Check the operation of reverse brake piston by blowing compressed air intermittently from reverse brake housing hole.
6. Place the driven plate, drive plate and retaining plate neatly in this order on surface table.
7. Set the dial gauge to retaining plate, and read its scale.
The value, which is read in the gauge at this time, is zero point.
8. Scale and record the weight “Z” of a flat board which will be put on retaining plate.
• Use a stiff board which does not bend against load as a flat board to be put on retaining plate.
• Use a flat board weighing less than 29 N (3.0 kgf, 6.5 lb).
9. Put the flat board on retaining plate.
10. Using the following formula, read the push/pull gauge and calculate “N”.
N = 29 N (3.0 kgf, 6.5 lb) – Z
29 N (3.0 kgf, 6.5 lb) : Load applied to clutch plate
Z: Flat board weight
11. Press the center of retaining plate by applying a force of “N” using push/pull gauge, and then measure and record the compression amount “A”.
Measure at four points with a 90° interval and calculate the average.
12. Install the dish plate, drive plate, driven plate, retaining plate and snap ring to the reverse brake housing.
Install the dish plate in the correct direction.
13. Measure and record the clearance “B” between the retaining plate and snap ring.
14. Piston stroke calculation
Calculate with A and B dimensions recorded before. If it exceeds the limit, replace with a new drive plate and adjust within the initial standard value.
S mm (in) = A + B
S: Piston stroke
A: Compression amount of drive plate and dish plate
B: Clearance between retaining plate and snap ring
2.3 — 2.7 mm (0.091 — 0.106 in)
2.9 mm (0.114 in)
Thickness mm (in)
2017-02-20 18:50:55 2017-06-19 10:25:05