FRONT SUSPENSION > Front Crossmember
• The power steering control module continues to operate after the engine stops and calculate the temperature in the control module. Therefore, before starting service of the power steering system which requires disconnection of the connector, stop the engine and allow approx. 30 minutes until the control module becomes cold.
• Before removal or installation, be sure to remove any foreign matter (dust, moisture, oil, etc.) from the power steering control module connector.
1. Disconnect the ground cable from battery.
2. Adjust the tilt position of the steering column to the lowest position and lock the tilt lever.
3. Lift up the vehicle, and then remove the front wheels.
4. Remove the bolts and clips, and remove the under cover - front.
Under cover COMPL - front RH (turbo model)
Under cover COMPL - front LH (turbo model)
Under cover - front (non-turbo model)
Plate CTR - aluminum (turbo model)
Under cover - front guard LH (turbo model)
Mud guard - front
Cover - plate (turbo model)
Under cover - front guard RH (turbo model)
5. Remove the universal joint assembly - steering.
(1) Place alignment marks on the universal joint assembly - steering.
Place alignment marks on the following positions.
• Between the column assembly - steering and the universal joint assembly - steering
• Between the steering gearbox assembly and the universal joint assembly - steering
(2) Remove the bolt, and remove the universal joint assembly - steering.
6. Prevent the steering wheel from turning using the seat belt.
7. Change the front hood stay position from (A) to (B), and completely open the front hood.
8. Remove the bolts and remove the V-belt cover. (Non-turbo model)
9. Remove the clip (A), lift the front of the collector cover in the direction of arrow, and then remove the collector cover. (Turbo model)
10. Disconnect the connector and harness clamp from power steering control module.
11. Support the engine with a lifting device and wire ropes.
(1) Support the engine with a lifting device and wire ropes.
(2) While lifting up the vehicle, also raise up the lifting device.
When lifting up the vehicle, raise up wire ropes at the same time.
12. Remove the nuts which secure the engine mounting.
(1) Raise up the lifting device, and lift the engine by approx. 10 mm (0.39 in).
(2) Remove the nuts which secure the engine mounting to the front crossmember assembly.
13. Remove the center exhaust pipe.
• Non-turbo model:EXHAUST(H4DO) > Center Exhaust Pipe > REMOVAL
• Turbo model:EXHAUST(H4DOTC) > Center Exhaust Pipe > REMOVAL
14. Remove the bolt, and remove the front crossmember support.
15. Remove the front stabilizer.
(1) Remove the left and right stabilizer links.
(2) Remove the clamp - stabilizer bushing on the left and right sides.
16. Disconnect the tie-rod end.
(1) Pull out the cotter pin (a).
(2) Remove the castle nut (b).
(3) Using a tie-rod ball joint puller, remove the tie-rod end (c).
Tie-rod ball joint puller
17. Remove the support plate - front crossmember (a).
18. Remove the front arm assembly.
(1) Remove the bolt, and then detach the front support.
(2) Remove the bolts and nuts, and then remove the front arm rear plate.
(3) Remove the nut and disconnect the stabilizer link assembly.
(4) Pull out the cotter pin (a), remove the castle nut (b), and remove the ball joint from front arm assembly.
(5) Remove the nuts, pull out the flange bolt, and remove the front arm assembly.
19. Support the front crossmember assembly using a jack, and remove the bolts which hold the crossmember on the body.
20. Slowly lower the front crossmember assembly with the steering gearbox assembly as a single unit.
When removing the crossmember, make sure that the tie-rod end does not interfere with the drive shaft boot.
21. Remove the steering gearbox assembly from the front crossmember assembly.
2017-02-20 18:50:39 2017-06-19 10:22:09