FRONT SUSPENSION > Front Crossmember
1. Lift up the vehicle, and remove the front wheels.
2. Remove the sub frame.
3. Remove the stabilizer and jack-up plate.
4. Disconnect the tie-rod end from the housing.
5. Remove the front exhaust pipe.
6. Remove the front transverse link from the front crossmember and body.
7. Remove the bolts attaching the engine mount cushion rubber to crossmember.
8. Remove the steering universal joint.
9. Disconnect the power steering pipe from steering gearbox.
10. Lift the engine approx. 10 mm (0.39 in) using a chain block.
11. Support the crossmember with a jack, remove the nuts securing the crossmember to body and lower the crossmember gradually along with the steering gearbox.
When pulling the crossmember downward to remove, be careful that the tie-rod end does not interfere with SFJ boot.
2017-02-20 18:50:39 2017-06-19 10:22:09