FRONT SUSPENSION > Front Crossmember
1. Check the crossmember for damage or cracks, and correct or replace if defective.
2. Install the universal joint assembly - steering.POWER ASSISTED SYSTEM (POWER STEERING) > Universal Joint > INSTALLATION
3. Install each part in the reverse order of removal.
• Use a new bolt and self-locking nut. For parts which are not reusable, refer to “COMPONENT”.FRONT SUSPENSION > General Description > COMPONENT
• Always tighten the bushing in the state where the vehicle is at curb weight and the wheels are in full contact with the ground.
• Install the clamp - stabilizer bushing with the arrow mark facing the front of the vehicle.
Engine mount — front crossmember assembly: 45 N·m (4.59 kgf-m, 33.2 ft-lb)
Universal joint assembly - steering: 24 N·m (2.45 kgf-m, 17.7 ft-lb)
V-belt cover: 7.5 N·m (0.76 kgf-m, 5.5 ft-lb)
Under cover - front:EXTERIOR/INTERIOR TRIM > General Description > COMPONENT
Front suspension parts:FRONT SUSPENSION > General Description > COMPONENT
When tightening the castle nut, tighten the castle nut to the specified torque first, then tighten it further but within 60° until the hole in the ball stud is aligned with a slot in castle nut.
4. Install the front wheels.
120 N·m (12.24 kgf-m, 88.5 ft-lb)
5. Inspect the wheel alignment and adjust if necessary.
• Inspection:FRONT SUSPENSION > Wheel Alignment > INSPECTION
• Adjustment:FRONT SUSPENSION > Wheel Alignment > ADJUSTMENT
When the wheel alignment has been adjusted, perform the adjustment of the steering angle sensor.VEHICLE DYNAMICS CONTROL (VDC) > VDC Control Module and Hydraulic Control Unit (VDCCM&H/U) > ADJUSTMENT
6. Perform reinitialization of the auto headlight beam leveler system. (Model with auto headlight beam leveler)LIGHTING SYSTEM > Auto Headlight Beam Leveler System > PROCEDURE
2017-02-20 18:50:39 2017-06-19 10:22:09