POWER ASSISTED SYSTEM (POWER STEERING) > Steering Wheel
1. Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery, and wait for 60 seconds or more.
2. Set the tire to the straight-ahead position.
3. Remove the driver’s airbag module.
Before performing service on the airbag module, always refer to “CAUTION” of “General Description” in “AIRBAG SYSTEM” section.AIRBAG SYSTEM > General Description > CAUTION
(1) Using a hexagon wrench etc. wrapped by protective tape, insert the snap pins and release the locks (3 locations).
(2) Disconnect the horn harness and airbag connector, and remove the airbag module.AIRBAG SYSTEM > Airbag Connector > PROCEDURE
4. Remove the steering wheel.
• Always use the steering wheel puller for removal to avoid deforming the steering wheel.
• If the steering wheel has been removed, make sure that the steering roll connector is not turned from the original position.
Steering wheel puller
(1) Disconnect the connector and remove the nut.
(2) Put alignment marks and remove the steering wheel.
2017-02-20 18:50:38 2017-06-19 10:25:05