POWER ASSISTED SYSTEM (POWER STEERING) > Steering Gearbox
1. Set the vehicle on a lift.
2. Disconnect the ground cable from battery.
3. Loosen the front wheel nut.
4. Lift-up the vehicle, and then remove the front wheels.
5. Remove the under cover.
6. Remove the sub frame. FRONT SUSPENSION > Sub Frame > REMOVAL
7. Remove the front exhaust pipe assembly. (Non-turbo model) EXHAUST(H4SO) > Front Exhaust Pipe > REMOVAL
Be careful, the exhaust pipe is hot.
8. Using a puller, remove the tie-rod end from knuckle arm after pulling off cotter pin and removing castle nut.
9. Remove the jack-up plate and front stabilizer.
10. Remove the one pipe joint at center of gearbox assembly, and connect vinyl hose to pipe and joint. Discharge fluid by turning the steering wheel fully clockwise and counterclockwise. Discharge fluid similarly from the other pipe.
11. Remove the universal joint. POWER ASSISTED SYSTEM (POWER STEERING) > Universal Joint > REMOVAL
12. Disconnect the lower pipe C from gearbox assembly first, and upper pipe D second.
13. Remove the clamp bolts securing gearbox assembly to crossmember, and then remove the gearbox.
2017-02-20 18:50:38 2017-06-19 10:25:05