POWER ASSISTED SYSTEM (POWER STEERING) > Steering Gearbox
1. Disconnect the four pipes from gearbox.
Remove the pipes C and D, which are fixed to clamp plate, as a unit.
2. Secure the gearbox removed from vehicle in a vise using ST.
Secure the gearbox assembly in a vise using ST as shown. Do not secure the gearbox to the vise without this ST.
|ST2 34199AG000||BOSS D|
3. Remove the tie-rod end and lock nut from gearbox.
4. Remove the small clip from the boot using pliers, and then move the boot to tie-rod end side.
5. Using a flat tip screwdriver, remove the band from boot.
Replace the boot if there is damage, cracks or deterioration.
6. Using the ST, loosen the lock nut.
7. Tighten the adjusting screw until it can no longer be tightened.
8. Remove the tie-rod.
9. Loosen the adjusting screw, and remove the spring and sleeve.
10. Clean any dirt adhered to the input shaft. Remove the dust cover, paying attention not to scratch the housing or input shaft and not to allow foreign matter to enter gearbox interior.
Roll a vinyl tape around the input shaft spline to avoid scratching the dust cover.
11. Align the ST pin with plug hole to install. Rotate the ST counterclockwise to remove plug.
|ST 34199AE090||PLUG WRENCH|
12. Remove the valve assembly paying attention not to scratch the seal ring or valve housing inner surfaces.
13. Remove the holder.
14. Attach the ST to the pinion housing side of the rack, and push out the rack together with the outer side oil seal.
|ST 34199FE000||INSTALLER & REMOVER|
Block the pipe connection of steering body to prevent fluid from flowing out.
Outer side oil seal
15. Insert the ST from the valve side and press the back-up ring and oil seal out.
16. Using ST1 and ST2, repair the crimped portion of cylinder.
17. If the cylinder edge is deformed in a convex shape, repair using an oil stone.
18. Remove the oil seal using ST and push out from the plug.
|ST 34199AE100||OIL SEAL PLUG REMOVER|
Do not apply force on the plug edge surface.
19. Set the ST at a size shown in the figure.
|ST 34199AE120||GEARBOX OIL SEAL REMOVER|
70 mm (2.76 in)
20. Set the stopper to gearbox, then insert the tip of the ST to the gearbox.
21. By fixing the 2-surface widths, press-in the rod while rotating it and catch the oil seal.
22. While fixing the 2-surface widths, pull out the oil seal by rotating nut.
Take care not to scratch the gearbox inner surface.
2017-02-20 18:50:38 2017-06-19 10:25:05