POWER ASSISTED SYSTEM (POWER STEERING) > Steering Column
Tilt steering column
1. Adjust the tilt position of the steering column to the highest position and lock the tilt lever.
2. Remove the steering wheel. POWER ASSISTED SYSTEM (POWER STEERING) > Steering Wheel > REMOVAL
3. Remove the universal joint. POWER ASSISTED SYSTEM (POWER STEERING) > Universal Joint > REMOVAL
4. Remove the instrument panel lower cover under.
5. Remove the knee guard panel.
6. Remove the instrument panel lower cover upper.
7. Remove the screws which secure the column cover lower, then remove the column cover lower.
8. Remove all connectors from the steering column.
9. Remove the bolts under instrument panel securing the steering column.
10. Pull out the steering shaft assembly from the hole on toe board.
• Always remove the universal joint before removing the steering column installation bolt to avoid damage to the universal joint.
• Be sure to remove the universal joint before removing the parts, if the relative position between steering shaft and gearbox changes when removing steering shaft assembly or when lowering it and gearbox for servicing other parts.
• Do not loosen the tilt lever when the steering column is not secured to the vehicle.
2017-02-20 18:50:38 2017-06-19 10:25:05