PERIODIC MAINTENANCE SERVICES > Timing Belt
1. TURBO MODEL
1. Remove the radiator fan and air conditioner fan. COOLING(H4DOTC) > Radiator Main Fan and Fan Motor > REMOVAL COOLING(H4DOTC) > Radiator Sub Fan and Fan Motor > REMOVAL
2. Protect the radiator with cardboard and blanket.
3. Remove the V-belts. MECHANICAL(H4DOTC) > V-belt > REMOVAL
4. Remove the A/C compressor V-belt tensioner.
5. Remove the pulley bolt. Using the ST, lock the crankshaft.
|ST 499977400||CRANK PULLEY WRENCH|
6. Remove the crank pulley.
7. Remove the A/C compressor V-belt tensioner.
8. Remove the belt cover (LH).
9. Remove the belt cover (RH).
10. Remove the front belt cover.
11. Turn the crankshaft and align the alignment marks on crankshaft, and left and right cam sprockets with notches of belt cover and cylinder block. Use the ST to turn crankshaft.
|ST 499987500||CRANKSHAFT SOCKET|
12. Remove the belt idler.
13. Remove the timing belt.
14. Remove the automatic belt tension adjuster assembly.
15. Install in the reverse order of removal. MECHANICAL(H4DOTC) > Timing Belt > INSTALLATION
When installing the timing belt, be sure to align all alignment marks on the belt with corresponding marks on the sprockets. If incorrectly installed, interference between pistons and valves may occur.
2017-02-20 18:50:33 2017-05-11 10:18:46