PERIODIC MAINTENANCE SERVICES > Hill-holder System
INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT
1. Confirm the stopping and starting performance by activating the hill-holder on an uphill road of 3° or higher inclination.
(1) When the vehicle does not stop;
Tighten the adjusting nut of PHV cable.
(2) When the vehicle does not start properly;
A; When the hill-holder is released later than engagement of clutch (engine tends to stall): Loosen the adjusting nut gradually until smooth starting is enabled.
B; When the hill-holder is released earlier than engagement to clutch (vehicle slips down slightly): Tighten the adjusting nut so that hill-holder is released later than engagement of clutch (status in A). Then make adjustment the same as in A.
• Whenever turning the adjusting nut, hold the inner cable with pliers to prevent it from turning.
• Replace the pressure hold valve (PHV) or PHV cable with a new one, if they are defective and/or damaged.
Pressure hold valve
2017-02-20 18:50:32 2017-05-11 10:18:46