STARTING/CHARGING SYSTEMS(H4SO) > Generator
There is the possibility of damaging the diodes if a mega-tester (used to measure high voltages) or a similar measuring instrument is used. Never use a mega tester or equivalent for this test.
1. Check for continuity between the diode lead and positive side heat sink. If resistance is 1 ? or more only in the direction from the diode lead to the heat sink, replace the rectifier.
Heat sink (positive side)
2. Check for continuity between the negative side heat sink and diode lead. If resistance is 1 ? or more only in the direction from the heat sink to the diode lead, replace the rectifier.
Heat sink (negative side)
1. Inspect the slip rings for contamination or any roughness on the sliding surface. Repair the slip ring surface using a lathe or sand paper.
2. Measure the slip ring outer diameter. Replace the rotor assembly if the slip ring is worn.
Slip ring outer diameter:
22.7 mm (0.894 in)
22.1 mm (0.870 in)
3. Using a circuit tester, check the resistance between slip rings. If the resistance is not within the standard, replace the rotor assembly.
Approximately 1.8 — 2.2 ?
4. Check the continuity between slip ring and rotor core or shaft. If the resistance is 1 ? or less, replace the rotor assembly.
5. Check the rear ball bearing. If there is any noise, or the rotor does not rotate smoothly, replace the bearings.
1. Inspect continuity between the stator coil lead wire terminals. If the resistance is 1 M? or more, replace the stator assembly.
2. Inspect the continuity between the stator coil stator core and lead wire terminals. If the resistance is 1 ? or less, replace the stator assembly.
1. Measure the length of each brush. Replace the brush if wear exceeds service limits. There is a service limit mark (A) on each brush.
18.5 mm (0.728 in)
5.0 mm (0.197 in)
2. Using a spring pressure indicator, push the brush into the brush holder until its tip protrudes 2 mm (0.08 in). Then measure the pressure of brush spring. If the pressure is 2.648 N (270 g, 9.52 oz) or less, replace the brush spring with a new part. 4.609 — 5.786 N (470 — 590 g, 16.58 — 20.810 oz) pressure is required on the new spring.
5. BEARING (FRONT SIDE)
Check the front ball bearing. Replace the ball bearings if there is resistance in the rotation, or if there is any abnormal noise.
6. OTHER INSPECTIONS
Check that the generator does not have deformation, cracks and any other damage.
2017-02-20 18:50:30 2017-05-11 10:18:54