GLASS/WINDOWS/MIRRORS > Windshield Glass
1. Clean the external circumference of windshield glass with alcohol or white gasoline.
2. Remove the adhesive layer on the body using cutter knife to obtain smooth face of 2 mm (0.08 in) thick.
Be careful not to damage the body and paint surface.
2 mm (0.08 in)
3. Clean the body with alcohol or white gasoline to eliminate cutting powder, dust and dirt completely from body.
4. Adhere the dam rubber to the glass back surface.
13 mm (0.51 in)
5. Peel away the backing paper of the double-sided tape. Align the molding mark (B) with the notch (A), affix the molding to the entire circumference of the edge of the glass, and press uniformly.
6. Install the seal A and seal B to the molding back side.
Back surface lip root R stopper line
73 mm (2.87 in)
Reference position (edge) when affixing the seal A
Reference position (lip root R stopper) when affixing the seal B
7. Apply the primer to the adhesive surface of glass using sponge.
U-401 and U-402
8. Apply the primer to the adhesive surface of body.
Painted surface primer:
• Primer once attached to the painted surface of the body and the internal trim is hard to wipe off. Mask the circumference of such area.
• Let primer dry for about ten minutes before installing the glass.
• Do not touch the surface coated with primer.
Application of primer
9. Cut off the cartridge nozzle tip as shown and set it in sealant gun.
10 — 13 mm (0.39 — 0.51 in)
13 mm (0.51 in)
10 mm (0.39 in)
15 mm (0.59 in)
10. Apply adhesive to the glass end surface as shown.
ESSEX U-400 HV
11. Fit the locating pins using suction rubber cup to install windshield glass.
12. Lightly press the windshield glass for tight fit.
13. Make flush the adhesive surface jutted out using spatula.
14. After completion of all work, allow the vehicle to stand for about 24 hours.
• When door is opened/closed after glass is bonded, always lower the door glass first, and then open/close it carefully.
• Move the vehicle slowly.
• For minimum drying time and vehicle standing time before driving after bonding, follow instructions or instruction manual from the adhesive manufacturer.
15. After curing of adhesive, pour the water on external surface of vehicle to check that there are no water leaks.
When a vehicle is returned to the user, tell him or her that the vehicle should not be subjected to heavy impact for at least three days.
16. Install the cowl panel. EXTERIOR/INTERIOR TRIM > Cowl Panel > INSTALLATION
2017-02-20 18:49:24 2017-05-11 10:14:19