CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM > Cruise Control Command Switch
1. Position the front wheels straight ahead. (After moving a vehicle 5 m (16 ft) or more with front wheels positioned straight ahead, make sure that the vehicle moves straight ahead.)
2. Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
3. Disconnect the ground cable from battery and wait for at least 60 seconds before starting work.
4. Remove the driver’s airbag module.
Before handling the airbag module, refer to “CAUTION” of “General Description” in “AIRBAG SYSTEM”.AIRBAG SYSTEM > General Description > CAUTION
(1) Using a hexagon wrench etc. wrapped by protective tape, insert the snap pins and release the locks (3 locations).
(2) Disconnect the horn harness and airbag connector, and remove the driver’s airbag module.AIRBAG SYSTEM > Airbag Connector > PROCEDURE
5. Remove the steering wheel.
• Always use the steering wheel puller for removal to avoid deforming the steering wheel.
• If the steering wheel has been removed, make sure that the roll connector is not turned from the original position.
(1) Disconnect the connector and remove the nut.
(2) Put alignment marks and remove the steering wheel using a steering wheel puller.
Steering wheel puller
6. Remove the cruise control command switch assembly.
(1) Remove the screw, disconnect the connector and remove the paddle shift switch. (Model with paddle shift)
(2) Release the claws and clips, and remove the lower cover - steering wheel LWR.
For model with steering switch, remove the connector and screw.
(3) Remove the screw to remove the cruise control command switch assembly.
2017-02-20 18:49:13 2017-05-11 10:18:24